Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken
- Servings: 8
- Peanut oil may be substituted for canola oil.
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme may be substituted for dried.
- Total time: approx. 2 hours (includes marinating time)
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (thighs or drumsticks) with skin removed, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Whisk mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Set a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a plate. Dredge the skinned side of each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs (with drumsticks, dredge the meatier side) and arrange breaded-side up on the wire rack. Leave at least 1 inch between pieces.
Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165 F, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot or let cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Nutrition information per serving:
325 calories; 8 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 117 mg cholesterol; 338 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 45 g protein