At Fareway, we strive to uphold our company values every day, demonstrating integrity, fairness, and honesty in relationships with customers, employees, vendors, suppliers, and showcasing our commitment to community by:
- Providing a high quality, unmatched, full-service meat department and farm-fresh produce
- Treating our customers like family and taking pride in delighting them with:
- Remarkably clean stores
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Dietitian services, recipes, and promotions
- Personalized to-your-car carryout service
- Efficient shopping and checkout
- Low, competitive prices
- Valuing our dedicated employees beyond measure and firmly believing they are the reason for our success
- Supporting and partnering with local businesses, communities, and farmers
- Donating time and resources to charitable organizations
- Caring about the health of our planet and using eco-friendly practices at our stores
- Holding family values in the highest regard
- Demonstrating integrity, fairness, and honesty in our relationships with customers, employees, vendors, and suppliers
- The value of a day of rest
Fareway's policy of being closed on Sunday has been in place for as long as our company has been in existence. We believe our customers, employees, and business partners deserve a day at home with their families - free from the fast-paced life we all live the other six days of the week. As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of family time and always have this in mind when operating our stores.
The idea of resting on Sunday is something our founder, Paul S. Beckwith, firmly believed in; in part because of his religious beliefs and a story told to him by his father. Paul's father was a pioneer who traveled to new territory by wagon train. Some pioneers were in a hurry, and drove on every day, leaving behind those who stopped for a day of rest and worship. As settlers continued to move westward, families who had taken Sunday off began to catch up with those who had pushed ahead; finding broken-down wagons, lame animals, and weary people. Paul's father told him he decided that the Bible was right; neither man nor beast was made to work seven days a week.
Here at Fareway, we combine these values with our overall commitment to quality products and services. As a result, we are able to continuously provide personalized service and quality food distribution throughout the Midwest. We are proud to serve the communities our stores operate in and will continue to embody these values for years to come.