Fareway Stores, Inc.
Social Media Give-Away to an Iowa High School Wrestling Team
These Official Rules govern the Social Media Give-Away to an Iowa High School Wrestling Team promotion (“Promotion”) sponsored by Fareway Stores, Inc., 715 8th Street, Boone, IA 50036-0070 (“Fareway” or “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: Only accredited Iowa high schools with a wrestling program are eligible to win the Promotion. Accordingly, only nominations of accredited Iowa high schools with a wrestling program will be considered.
- How to Nominate an Iowa high school: Persons wishing to nominate an Iowa high school for this Promotion must comply with any nomination instructions and deadlines set forth on Fareway’s social media announcement(s) of the Promotion. By nominating a high school in the Promotion, a person submitting a nomination binds himself or herself, as well as entrant’s spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained in these rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is necessary to nominate a school and a purchase will not increase a school’s chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion Period. The promotion period will begin on 2/3/20 and end on 2/28/20 (“Promotion Period”). A first round of nominations will be accepted from 2/3/20 thru 2/13/20. The _8_ schools with the most nominations in the first round, will be eligible for nomination in the second (and final) round of nominations which will be accepted from 2/17/20 thru 2/28/20.
4. Prize: The winning Iowa high school will be given 28 all session tickets to the NCAA Division I Wrestling Tournament at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN, March 19, 2020 thru March 21, 2020. Additionally, Fareway will make a $3,000.00 donation to the winning school’s booster club.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning the prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received and schools nominated
during the Promotion Period.
6. Winner Selection and Notification. The eligible Iowa high school with the most nominations in the final round of nominations will be selected as the one (1) winner of the Promotion. Fareway will contact an authorized representative of the winning school by phone or in-person. At Fareway’s sole discretion, if an authorized representative of the winning school cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is otherwise disqualified, Fareway reserves the right, time permitting, to determine an alternate prize winner. An authorized representative from the potential winning school may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release prior to, and as a condition of, receiving any prize. Fareway reserves the right to make determinations as to ineligible or disqualified entries.
7. Prize Restrictions: No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must take delivery of prize upon notification that he or she has been selected. WINNER AGREES TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE “AS IS,” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes the consent of the winner to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the winner’s name, age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By accepting prize, the winning Iowa high school agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damages, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Promotion, or any Promotion-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, or agents.
10. Disputes and Choice of Law: Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants waive any right to a jury trial in any and all such disputes, claims, or causes of action. Any disputes, claims, or causes of action shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive any claim to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Boone, Iowa.