Servings: Makes 8 bars
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup old-fashion rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 cup unsweetened whole grain puff cereal
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
These bars are great for breakfast on the go! Experiment with different nuts and dried fruit to make them your own.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Chop dried apricots.
- Spread oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, and flaxseeds on pan and bake until the oats are lightly toasted and the nuts are fragrant, shaking the pan halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add cereal and apricots.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar, honey, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low, stirring frequently until the mixture bubbles lightly, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until no dry spots remain.
- Transfer to a 8"x 8" pan.
- Lightly coat your hands with cooking spray and press the mixture down firmly to make an even layer.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars.
Nutrition information per serving: 204 calories; 10 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 74 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 5 g protein
Recipe modified from EatingWellT