- 4 center cut pork chops, cut 1 ¼ inch thick
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 slice bread, cut into ½ inch cubes
This almond stuffed pork chop is a fantastic spin on traditional pork chops. Great for thanksgiving or just to try something new! Stop by your local Fareway Meat Market today to get the best pork chops for this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For stuffing, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery, and onion until vegetables are tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes, and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten.
- Cut an opening in each chop from the outer side, widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop.
- Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed chops on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered until internal temperature is 145°F, 35-45 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks from chops. Let rest 3 minutes and serve.
433 calories; 26 g fat; 9 g saturated fat; 117 mg cholesterol; 284 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 26 g protein