Servings: 12 muffins
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice Concentrate
Warm apple muffins straight from the oven are a wonderful treat. The addition of bran flakes make them especially filling and a great option for a healthful breakfast on the go. Contributed by Old Orchard.
Do not reconstitute (add water to) juice concentrate.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir in apple juice, melted margarine, and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes.
141 calories; 4 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 4 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 3 g protein