- 1 apple
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup Old Orchard Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
Jalapeño corn bread is a great side for your favorite chili or any meat dish. The addition of Old Orchard's Apple Juice concentrate balances out the fiery jalapeno flavor. Contributed by Old Orchard.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel and cut apple into very thin pieces.
- Dice jalapeño pepper.
- Use a 10-inch iron skillet. Rub some oil on the cooking surface and let it heat in the oven (you can also use a 10 inch pie plate).
- Seed and dice jalapeno pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients, and then add apple and jalapeno. Do not over mix.
- Pour into heated iron skillet and bake 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- When an inserted knife comes out clean, it's done.