Amount Per Serving: 1 muffin
Total Time: 40 mins.
- 1 (15.5oz) can Mrs. Grimes® Pinto Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. chunky applesauce
- 1 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
We bet you've never had muffins like this! Pack the nutrients into your morning muffin by the sneaky ingredient: Pinto beans. Ready, set, bake with Mrs. Grimes Beans!
Muffin cups vary in size. We used a pan with 2 & 3/4×1 & 1/4-inch cups. If your muffin pan is a different size, your yield may be slightly different.
A regular ice cream scoop (level 1/4 cup capacity) works well for filling the muffin cups.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups and spray paper.
2. Place beans in food processor or blender. Cover; process 5 to 10 seconds or until finely chopped. Add eggs and oil; cover and process 15 seconds. Add sugar; cover and process 15 seconds or until smooth.
3. In large bowl, mix flours, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until well blended. Stir in applesauce and bean mixture just until moistened. Fold in raisins and nuts.
4. Spoon or scoop into muffin cups, filling almost full.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and tops are set. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.