Total Time: 2 hours
This dish satisfies your craving for Chinese takeout and can be made at home! A mix of beef, ramen, and broccoli mixed to perfection.
Shoulder steaks (also known as charcoal steaks) need a little extra oomph to tenderize them. Slow braising is perfect, but you can also have them tenderized at Fareway's meat counter.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Place beef in pot; brown on all sides.
- Pour off drippings and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add 1 cup water, seasoning packets from ramen noodles and ginger.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer for about 1 ½ hours, or until beef is fork tender.
- Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 cups of water, broccoli and noodles to the pot; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender and noodles are tender.
- Carve steaks into thin slices and return to pot.
408 calories; 16 g fat; 6 g saturated fat; 9 mg cholesterol; 928 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 35 g protein