Amount Per Serving: 1 crab cake
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup fat-free Land O Lakes sour cream
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup fat-free Land O Lakes sour cream
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 can white crab
- 2 cup saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
Crab cakes may be made ahead and frozen up to 2 weeks. Prepare crab cakes as directed; cool completely. Place in resealable food storage containers between sheets of waxed paper; seal tightly. Thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes. To reheat, place crab cakes onto baking sheets; cover with foil. Bake at 350°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop ginger and garlic.
- Combine 3/4 cup sour cream, horseradish, sesame oil, and sesame seeds in small bowl; mix well.
- Set aside.
- Combine green onion, sour cream, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and beaten egg in medium bowl.
- Stir in drained crab meat and 1 cup crushed saltine crackers until well mixed. Shape level tablespoons of mixture into 1 1/2 inch patties; flatten slightly.
- Place remaining 1 cup crushed crackers in shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of each patty in crackers.
- Coat nonstick skillet with oil over medium heat.
- Cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side (4 to 6 minutes).
- Place browned crab cakes onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately with sour cream sauce.
51 calories; 3 g total fat; 18 mg cholesterol; 103 mg sodium; 3 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 3 g protein