Amount Per Serving: 1 pork chop and glaze
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 6 oz boneless top loin pork chop, 1" thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slice bacon
- 4 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
Impress your guests and treat your tastebuds to this savory bacon-pork recipe. Try it alone or with the zesty BBQ glaze.
When at your Fareway meat counter ask for the 'America's Cut', a tender 1 1/2 inch thick boneless top loin pork chop.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season pork with salt. Wrap bacon around the edges of the pork and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and beer.
- Heat oil in ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat. Stand chops bacon side down in skillet, leaning against the side of pan if needed.
- Using tongs, in sequence, turn and stand chops along bacon-wrapped edges to lightly brown bacon, about 3 1/2 minutes (allow about 45 seconds to brown each section).
- Place chops, wide flat side down, in skillet and cook until underside is lightly browned, about 1 minute. Turn chops over.
- Spread equal amount of barbecue sauce mixture over top of each chop, letting excess run into skillet.
- Place skillet with chops in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer each chop to a dinner plate and let stand while making sauce.
- Meanwhile, pour out fat from skillet, leaving browned bits in skillet. Heat skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon, and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Top each chop with a spoonful of sauce and serve hot.
Calories: 350 calories Protein: 51 grams Fat: 11 grams Sodium: 1120 milligrams Cholesterol: 130 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Recipe from PorkBeInspired.com