Looking for a delicious blueberry treat to wake up to in the morning? This Baked Blueberry French Toast is the perfect choice. Made with bread, blueberries, almonds, and more, this baked dish is sure to keep the family asking for seconds.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 344 calories; 6 g fat; 3 mg cholesterol; 593 mg sodium; 50 g carbohydrate; 7 g fiber; 17 g sugar; 23 g protein
1. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Tear the bread into 1-inch cubes. Mix the bread cubes, blueberries, and sliced almonds. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish.
3. Blend the cottage cheese in a blender, food processor, or using a hand mixer. When there is a smooth consistency, blend in the eggs and milk. Mix in the sugar and the extracts. Pour the liquid mixture over the top of the bread.
4. For the best results, cover the casserole and let it sit for at least an hour (or up to overnight) in refrigerator.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 375⁰F. Cover the French toast with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until the casserole is puffy and golden brown. Serve and enjoy while still warm.