Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package string cheese
- 1 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
Create a perfect party appetizer by adding a bread crumb crust to your mozzarella cheese stick. Pop it in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes for a warm, gooey snack!
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove cheese from package and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg until foamy.
- Mix Italian seasoning and breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip one piece of string cheese in egg until coated and then into bread crumbs, coating completely.
- Re-dip cheese in egg and breadcrumbs, if desired, for extra crispy sticks.
- Repeat with remaining string cheese and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
180 calories; 7 g fat; 4.3 g saturated fat; 50 mg cholesterol; 50 mg sodium; 7 g carbohydrate; 0 g fiber; 14 g protein; 30% DV calcium