Total Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 mashed banana
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts
Banana bread is the perfect choice for someone craving a simple treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Lightly coat the walnuts with flour to before adding them to bread dough to prevent them from sinking.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together using an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) in a separate bowl and slowly incorporate into the banana mixture.
- Gently incorporate walnuts into the mixture if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, in a greased bread pan.
- Let cool prior to serving.