Traditional Banana Walnut Bread, perfect for a dessert or a tasty treat to add to your day. Made with Kerrygold Salted Butter!
This recipe can also make 2 smaller loaves. Adjust the baking time to about 35-45 minutes. Store the Banana Walnut Bread at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet, and roast for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside. Meanwhile, line a large 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas really well. Add the eggs, and mix well. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar and combine thoroughly. Stir in the melted Kerrygold butter, and whisk to incorporate.
3. In a separate medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add 3/4 cup of the roasted walnuts to the flour mixture, and coat the walnuts with the dry ingredients. This prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and use a rubber spatula to combine, until no streaks of flour remain. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining walnuts and turbinado sugar. Place the loaf pan on a large baking sheet for easier handling.
5. Bake for 55-65 minutes until deeply golden brown, rotating the pan after 30 minutes for an even bake. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean or with moist crumbs and it is warm, the Banana Walnut Bread is done.