Total Time: 3.5 hours
- 1 boneless beef brisket, (about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
This combination of tender brisket and delicious sauce will leave your whole family wanting more.
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket.
- Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl.
- Pour around brisket; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving, 1/6 of recipe: 258 calories; 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 36 g protein; 5.6 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.6 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 37 mcg selenium; 8.7 mg zinc