Amount Per Serving: Sliders
Total Time: 3-4 hours
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- 16 slider rolls
This warm sandwich topped with refreshing coleslaw is perfect for summer BBQs.
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot.
- Place beef roast in stockpot; brown evenly.
- Remove roast from stockpot. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion to stockpot; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return roast to stockpot. Stir in barbecue sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 3 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
- Remove roast; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid; keep warm.
- Carve roast into thin slices; stir into cooking liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Warm rolls, if desired. Layer beef mixture evenly onto bottoms of rolls and top with coleslaw.
349 calories; 16 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 91 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 29 g protein