Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 pound kale, washed and cut
- 1 Tbsp fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
A easy way to incorporate kale and all its health benefits into your nightly meal!
- In a heavy pot, add oil and onions and cook over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add red peppers, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, vinegar and honey and BRING to a boil.
- Add kale to liquid. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove pot from heat and drain remaining liquid. Add cream cheese and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Butterfly pork tenderloin cutting a slit down the middle. Do not cut through the pork. Cover the pork with plastic wrap; pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick, starting from the middle and working outward. Discard plastic wrap.
- Spread the kale mixture over the tenderloin and tightly roll. Secure the seams with toothpicks.
- Place pork in a baking dish and brush liberally with barbecue sauce.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature has reached 145 degrees. Let pork rest for 3 minutes.
290 calories; 6 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 65 mg cholesterol; 330 mg sodium; 34 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 26 g protein