Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound top sirloin steak
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 tortillas
This deep-fried burrito pairs nicely with a side of salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
- Chop red bell pepper and cilantro.
- Cover beef in taco seasoning.
- Heat a heavy, nonstick skillet for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Place beef in preheated skillet. Do not add oil or water; do not cover.
- Pan-broil 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let steak rest 3 to 5 minutes, then slice.
- Stir in chilies, 1/3 cup red bell pepper and cilantro.
- Warm tortillas.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons cheese and approx 3/4 cup beef mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll tortillas and secure with a toothpick.
- Place chimichangas on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes, or until heated through.
444 calories; 21 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 594 mg sodium; 111 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 35 g protein