Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 pound bottom rump roast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 can can beef broth
- 12 oz button mushrooms
- 2 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
Rump roast is one of the most affordable roasts on the market!
- Combine flour and pepper. Lightly coat beef with flour mixture;
- Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
- Brown beef and season with salt. remove from stockpot.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and add onions, garlic and thyme; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add wine. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned. Stir in broth, reserved flour mixture, mushrooms and beef.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover tightly. Simmer for about one hour.
- Add carrots and continue to simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until beef and carrots are tender.
- Stir in peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
281 calories; 9 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 64 mg cholesterol; 711 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 29 g protein