Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, cut in large chunks
- 4 slice bacon, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 12 oz Samuel Adams® Boston Lager®
- 1 bunch fresh thyme, tied with kitchen string
- 2 1/2 cup brown rice
- Heat oil in a large stockpot.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and add bacon to pot.
- Saute bacon until fat has rendered, then add onion, carrots, and garlic.
- Saute 5 more minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, making sure to scrape brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add mushrooms, broth, beer, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add chicken back to pot.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover and cook at a rapid simmer for 20 minutes, or until both reduces and thickens.
- Discard thyme and serve over rice.