Total Time: 30 minutes
This flavorful pork recipe contains 45 grams of protein and only 360 calories!
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to a plate and set aside.
- Add tomato paste to skillet and cook, stirring, for 15 seconds.
- Cut onions and peppers into 1/4 inch slices and add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are starting to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add thinly sliced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping up and stirring in any browned bits in the skillet.
- Return chops to skillet, nestling them in the liquid, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Turn chops, cover, and cook until internal temperature reaches
- 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serve pork with pepper and onion mixture spooned on top.
- To vary the recipe, try using bone-in chops. White wine, chicken broth, or vegetable broth can be used instead of red wine. You can also swap other vegetables for the peppers - try green and yellow zucchini, mixed mushrooms, or broccoli florets.
Calories: 360 calories Protein: 45 grams Fat: 10 grams Sodium: 320 milligrams Cholesterol: 110 milligrams Saturated Fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 10 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Recipe from PorkBeInspired.com