Amount Per Serving: 1 cup
Total Time: 40 minutes
Traditional Broccoli Cheese soup can have upwards of 500 calories per serving, with half of those calories coming from fat! This recipe is not only lighter, it's quick, easy and delicious.
- Chop onion.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté butter and onion until onion is tender.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Add broccoli and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses and black pepper.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition information per serving: 230 calories; 10 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 35 mg cholesterol; 560 mg sodium; 18 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 9 g sugar; 19 g protein