Amount Per Serving: 1/2 grapefruit
Total Time: 25 minutes
Change up your breakfast routine by broiling your grapefruit! Broiling your grapefruit for 7 to 12 minutes and topping it with melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar will leave you with a warm breakfast on a chilly morning.
- Preheat boiler and position oven rack about 3 inches from the heat source. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each grapefruit in half, then trim a thin slice off the bottom so it sits level.
- With a knife, cut around each segment and remove and seeds.
- Place grapefruit halves on baking sheet.
- Brush each half with butter and top with sugar and cinnamon.
- Broil the grapefruit until the tops are bubbly and golden brown, about 7 to 12 minutes.
70 calories; 2 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 5 mg cholesterol; 19 mg sodium; 13 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 1 g protein