Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb. flank or sirloin steak
- to taste salt and ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- optional guacamole
You can't go wrong with these tender steak burritos.
In blender or food processor, combine orange juice, chipotle peppers, cumin, garlic and oil; puree until smooth. Place steak in zip-lock bag with orange juice mixture; marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill or broiler. Remove steak from marinade; pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Grill meat until surface is browned on both sides, 5–8 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut steak into bite-size pieces.
In small bowl combine diced tomatoes and green chilies.
In large skillet over low heat, heat tortillas. As you remove each tortilla from skillet, top with one-fourth of the cheese, tomato mixture, beans and rice. Fold opposite ends of tortilla over toward center; roll up to create a tight burrito. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with guacamole if desired.
340 calories; 11 g total fat; 1.5 g saturated fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 780 mg sodium; 40 g carbohydrate; 4 g sugar; 18 g fiber; 22 g protein