Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup 1% milk
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 0.1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Cauliflower Au Gratin is a great alternative for those who cannot eat nightshades.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large pot, steam cauliflower for 5 to 6 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add flour and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Add cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Stir in cauliflower and transfer to a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley and olive oil and sprinkle over the top of cauliflower.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
262 calories; 16 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 40 mg cholesterol; 369 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 11 g protein