Total Time: 45 minutes
Southern soul food in the midwest? Why not! This chicken jambalaya is a great option for trying new American foods!
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and brown on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove chicken to plate.
- Add remaining oil, onion, pepper, and celery to pot, and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and Cajun seasoning; stir.
- Add rice and toast slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutrition information per serving: 487 calories; 20 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 37 mg cholesterol; 659 mg sodium; 57.6 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 19 g protein