Servings: 6 - 8
Total Time: 3.5 hours
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 boneless beef chuck shoulder, arm or blade pot roast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
This hearty pot roast is full of robust fall flavor. Stop by your local Fareway Meat Market for the best cut of this.
Use a 2.5 to 3 lb. roast.
- Mince garlic and slice all potatoes in half.
- Peel and cut carrots into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut onion into 8 wedges.
- Combine garlic and thyme.
- Press evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast and season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until vegetables are fork tender and pot roast reaches 145°F internal temperature.
251 calories; 7 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 57 mg cholesterol; 475 mg sodium; 21 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 24 g protein