Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp corn meal
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
This technique works well with tilapia also! In addition, the mix of spices and powders adds a lot!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl stir bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper; set aside.
- Coat the rack of a broiling pan with cooking spray. Place the cod on the rack.
- Brush with the egg white, then spoon the Italian crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.