Total Time: 15 minutes
- 15 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
Deviled eggs, also known as stuffed eggs, are hard-boiled eggs cut in half and filled with an egg yolk, mayo, and mustard paste.
Using egg whites in your Deviled eggs is a great way to achieve a smooth, creamy texture while decreasing calories, fat and cholesterol. It is also an excellent way to use leftovers eggs from your Easter egg hunt - just make sure to practice food safety at all times during the hunt!
- Hard boil 15 eggs.
- When eggs are cooked and cooled, cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from 6 eggs and discard.
- Remove yolks from remaining eggs.
- Combine yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, 6 egg whites, salt and pepper.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into remaining egg whites.
- Garnish with paprika, if desired.