Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pork chops, bone-in or boneless, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 0 parsley
This comfort food recipe creates a cheesy bed a rice for your flavorful, oven-roasted pork chop.
When at the Fareway meat counter, ask for the Ribeye chop!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, vegetables, cheddar, and ricotta or cottage cheese. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle the Parmesan on top, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the chops and cook until browned on one side, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange the chops, browned side up, on top of the rice mixture and bake until the rice mixture is hot and the chops are cooked to 145 degrees F., about 30 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 3 minutes.
- Serve the chops over the rice mixture, sprinkled with the parsley, if using.
- To change things up, make the casserole with brown rice or a white- or brown-and-wild rice blend. You can also keep things interesting by using different frozen vegetable mixtures or your own mixture of blanched or steamed vegetables-or by using different cheeses. On the side, consider a big green salad or sautéed spinach, kale, or chard.
Calories: 850 calories Protein: 63 grams Fat: 29 grams Sodium: 420 milligrams Cholesterol: 190 milligrams Saturated Fat: 14 grams Carbohydrates: 81 grams Fiber: 2 grams