Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 Mission tortilla shells
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, optional
This fun spin on two favorites is done in under 20 minutes making it perfect for a weeknight treat!
- Squeeze lime juice over sliced chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in 1 tsp olive oil, once cooked through, remove from heat.
- Add sweet pepper and onion to the skillet and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and add to chicken.
- Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortilla, spray side down, in skillet and top with cheese, chicken, and veggies.
- Top with remaining tortilla. Cook quesadillas 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cheese melts and tortillas are lightly browned.
- Combine avocado and salsa for a dipping sauce.
- Cut quesadillas into segments and serve with avocado salsa.