Amount Per Serving: varies
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 PRE Filet Mingnon steak
- 6 asparagus
- 2 sushi nori wraps
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup sticky white rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- to taste garlic, salt, pepper (minced)
- to taste green onions, sliced
- to taste sweet red chili sauce
- to taste tempura flakes
This may not be raw, but the taste is sushi bar-worthy. Uses a bamboo or silicone rolling mat.
1. In a medium sized pan, preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Trim ends of asparagus, rinse, and add to pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning asparagus every minute or so until the spears appear bright green in color. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Slice steak into 1 inch pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
4. Cook steak over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, or until desired doneness. Flip halfway through, moving around pan to cook evenly if necessary. Once steak is cooked, set aside.
5. Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Using a knife, cut 3-4 parallel lines, length-wise, into the avocado flesh. Make sure not to cut through the skin. Spoon out flesh to create the perfect avocado slices.
6. Place nori sheet rough-side up on a bamboo or silicone rolling mat. Spread a layer of cooked sushi rice on nori, leaving about an inch uncovered at the far edge. Add ingredients in the center.
7. Using the mat, carefully roll nori around your sushi filling, then seal by dampening the edge.
8. With a sharp blade, slice into bite-size pieces, wiping the knife blade with a moist towel to clean rice residue off between slices.
9. Garnish with sweet chili sauce, tempura flakes, and sliced green onion.
10. Repeat steps 6-10 for additional pieces and enjoy!