Servings: 12 tacos
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Avocados from Mexico
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound tilapia
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado sauce
This dish is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo Celebration!
Courtesy of Avocados from Mexico- theamazingavocado.com
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In medium bowl, mash together 2¾ avocados, onion, ½ tsp. of the salt and ¼ tsp. of the pepper.
- On large baking sheet, arrange tortillas in a single layer; heat for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- In cup, combine lime juice, hot sauce, garlic and remaining ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Coat fish with mixture; arrange fillets on broiler pan.
- Preheat broiler; broil fish, 4 inches from heat source, until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Spoon avocado mixture on tortillas; spread to within ¼ inch of edges.
- Top each tortilla with fish fillet, tomato, lettuce and cilantro. Drizzle with Avocado Sauce.
- For Avocado Sauce: In a food processor pulse ¼ avocado, ¼ cup low-fat sour cream, 3 Tbsp. of water, with 1 Tbsp. jalapeño hot sauce. Makes about ½ cup.