- Butterfly red pepper, slice yellow pepper and slice Parmesan cheese.
- Trim ends of asparagus and mince garlic.
- To butterfly steak, place steak flat on work surface with grain running top to the bottom.
- Cut steak horizontally on a long side to within 1/2 inch of the opposite side.
- Open steak like a book so it lies flat.
- Top with peppers, cheese, garlic, asparagus, salt and pepper.
- Tightly roll steak with the grain, jelly-roll style.
- Tie cooking string around the steak every two inches.
- Grill, covered, over indirect heat for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally, or until internal temp reaches 160°F for a well-done steak.
- Cut steaks across the grain of the meat between strings and discard strings before serving.
Amount Per Serving: 1 pinwheel
Total Time: 1 hour
193 calories; 11.2 g fat; 5 g saturated fat; 46 mg cholesterol; 292 mg sodium; 3.5 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 18.8 g protein