Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 6 cup beef stock
- 5 clove garlic
- 8 onion
- 1 1/2 cup beer
- 1 dash salt
- 1 Tbsp thyme
For this recipe we recommend Guinness beer.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Mince garlic, chop fresh thyme, and thinly slice onions.
- Add garlic and cook briefly. Add onions.
- Season with salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes,
- Stirring occasionally until onions are golden brown.
- Add thyme, vinegar, and beer.
- Cook until mixture has reduced by half and
- Add beef stock. bring to a simmer and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Optional: preheat broiler. Transfer soup to an ovenproof serving dish and top with croutons and sliced cheese. Broil until cheese melts and start to brown lightly.
240 calories; 5 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 668 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 9 g protein
Recipe modified from www.foodnetwork.com ©2011Television Food Network G.P