Total Time: 15 minutes
Looking for a new soup? This light dish only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is so tasty with its pinch of pepper and cayenne.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add 3/4 pound asparagus (cut into 1-inch pieces) and cook until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and drain.
- Reserve 2 cups cooking liquid.
- Transfer cooking liquid and asparagus to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine puree with 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth in a medium pot and heat over medium heat until warm.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp plain low-fat yogurt, 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch of pepper and a pinch of cayenne and serve.
60 calories; 1 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 1 mg cholesterol; 550 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 7 g protein