Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 20 oz. package Giovanni Rana 5 Cheese Tortellini
- 1 lb. italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. chopped white onion
- 1 c. chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. Giovanni Rana Marinara sauce
- 2 c. canned diced tomatoes
- 9 c. low sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 c. kale, chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- optional Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
It's soup season all year round in our book! This is the perfect way to get some veggies into your diet in a delicious way with Rana tortellini.
As the soup rests the Tortellini will absorb more broth so you can add more broth or water to thin, if desired.
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-sticking large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Crumble the Italian sausage into the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring and breaking the sausage.
3. Add onions, carrots, and sauté for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and sauté one more minute.
4. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes, beef broth and basil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add the 5 Cheese Tortellini and kale. Stir and cook for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese if desired.