- 1 C. quinoa
- 2 C. vegetable broth or water
- 2 C. fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 14 oz. can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 C. sliced almonds
- 1/2 C. parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Jackie Akerberg from @jackfruitfulkitchen took full advantage of fresh and canned produce for a bright, nutrition-filled salad! If you're looking for a meat option, try adding grilled chicken to top it off.
Combine quinoa and broth or water in a saucepan and cook according to the package. Set aside to cool. Rinse out pan and fill with water.
Bring to a boil and add green beans. Cook for 2 min until they are vibrant green and transfer immediately to an ice bath to chill. Drain.
Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and drizzle over salad. Toss to combine and season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.