- 28 oz. canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 head lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh dill, chopped
Creamy BBQ Dressing
- 1/2 c. plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 1/4 c. BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- to taste salt and pepper
This deliciously fresh summer slaw is topped with crispy, flavorful BBQ-roasted chickpeas and sweet, tasty Iowa sweet corn for the perfect seasonal (and affordable) salad. Thank you to Jackie with @jackfruitfulkitchen for whipping up this recipe inspiration for Fareway customers!
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Drain chickpeas and towel dry. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven, toss with BBQ sauce and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice your ears of corn in half and add to a pot of boiling water. Boil for 3 minutes for crisp but tender corn. Drain and set aside to cool. Slice corn off of cob once cool.
3. Add remaining salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine ingredients for dressing in a small jar and season to taste. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide between serving plates and top with crispy chickpeas, sweetcorn, and extra dill, if desired.