Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, and grated or shredded with a knife
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
This kale and brussels sprout salad is great for potlucks and cookouts. With refreshing kale and crunchy almonds, this is a Fareway summer favorite.
Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to blend. In a large bowl, combine chopped kale and Brussels sprouts. Whisk olive oil into lemon juice mixture and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add dressing and cheese to kale and Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat. Garnish with sliced almonds.
Nutrition information per serving: 145 calories; 10.5 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 3 mg cholesterol; 199 mg sodium; 10 g carbohydrate; 3 g fiber; 5.5 g protein