Taking first place in the 2022 Dairypalooza recipe contest, Lynn Albright took pizza to the next level to elevate brunch! With thyme cream, ricotta, and truffle oil this will WOW your brunch guests or kick off your weekend the tasty way!
1. One hour prior to baking, place a pizza stone in the oven at 475 degrees F. On parchment paper, gently shape each piece of dough to roughly 7” x 14”.
2. Prepare Thyme Cream Sauce: In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté shallots in butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine and reduce to about 3 Tbsp., about 10 minutes. Add the cream and reduce by 50 percent, approximately 10 minutes to make approximately 3/4 cup. Add thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a 10” skillet over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add onions and saute until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Reserve.
4. While cooking onions, generously brush pizza crusts with thyme cream sauce leaving a 1” border.
5. Toss the sliced potatoes with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Arrange potato slices over the top of each pizza crust overlapping and leaving a 1” border.
6. Place pizzas in the oven for 8 minutes, until potatoes are starting to brown on the edges. Remove. Evenly top with the onions, mozzarella slices, dollops of ricotta and torn pieces of proscuitto. Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, prepare scrambled eggs. In a medium bowl, using an immersion blender, blend the eggs and cream until consistent. In the 10” skillet over medium to medium low heat melt the butter. Add the eggs to the skillet. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese. Using a spatula gently and slowly push the eggs from one side to the other with a swipe around the edge of the skillet and tilting the skillet as you go. This should take about 2 minutes.
8. Remove the flatbreads and top each with the scrambled eggs, remaining shredded Parmesan cheese, basil, fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of truffle oil if desired.