Servings: 12 skewers
Amount Per Serving: 1 skewer
Total Time: 30 mins.
Melon and Fresh Mozzarella Skewers
- 2 C. cantaloupe balls
- 2 C. honeydew melon balls
- 2 C. watermelon balls
- 1 container (8 oz.) Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella cheese – Ciliegine (cherry-sized balls), drained
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 skewers (6 inches)
- 1/4 C. apricot preserves, warmed
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- to taste salt and pepper
Perfect to kick off the warmer months with Melon and Fresh Mozzarella Skewers! Fresh, milky mozzarella cheese is available in a variety of sizes, including perline (pearl size), ciliegine (cherry size), bocconcini (medal size) and ovoline (egg size). You can also find it in logs, 8-ounce balls and sliced.
Thread the melon, fresh mozzarella and prosciutto on skewers.
Whisk apricot preserves and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Drizzle over skewers. Sprinkle with thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.