Amount Per Serving: 1 burger
- 4 ground beef burger
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 7 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced thin
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
Taking second place in the 2022 Dairypalooza, Donna Marie Ryan's Mexican Street Corn Avocado Burger just made your backyard BBQ that much more tasty! Including one of the most popular summer foods, street corn, and taking fan favorite avocado, this is sure to be your new favorite!
Sandwich picks may be helpful.
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin and cilantro. Set aside.
3. Place a medium size cast iron skillet on the grill. Heat for a couple of minutes, add the corn and fully cook.
4. Place the burgers on the grill and cook about 5 minutes on one side, flip, and grill another 5-7 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165. Remove, top with a slice of cheese and place on a plate tented with foil while you finish cooking the corn.
5. When corn is browned, add in half of the seasoned mayonnaise mix and stir to coat the corn. Stir in the jalapeño. Chop 3 slices of cheese and add to the mix, when melted remove from the heat.
6. Fold the tortillas into quarters and place each on the grill to heat.
8. Place the tortillas on your work surface and place the cooked burger on one quarter of the tortilla. Top with a spoonful of the reserved seasoned mayo.
9. Fold over and add lettuce and a slice of tomato. Fold over again and add a few slices of avocado, lastly add some corn. Fold tightly and using sandwich picks if necessary place on your plate!