Servings: 6 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
High fiber and high flavor! This Mexican style corn salad is a great addition to any summertime picnic!
In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray, then saute corn until lightly charred, about 7 minutes.
Place diced avocado in a large bowl and drizzle with lime juice. Add corn, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and parmesan cheese. Stir to mix.
189 calories; 7 g fat; 1.4 g saturated fat; 3.4 mg cholesterol; 70.7 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 4.6 g fiber; 4.3 g sugar; 7 g protein