Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 can Hunt's diced tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup pasta
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Rainy days are perfect for trying a new soup! This warm minestrone soup is easily customizable and a great way to introduce new flavors to the family!
Saute carrots, celery, onion and zucchini until slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, thyme, sage, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil then add pasta. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Stir in beans, spinach and cheese.
Simmer for 5 more minutes and serve.
161 calories; 2 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 4 mg cholesterol; 346 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate; 5 g fiber; 11 g protein