Amount Per Serving: 1 muffin
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup oat bran hot cereal
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
Health perk: oat bran has been shown to help reduce cholesterol thanks to its soluble fiber content.
For this recipe we recommend Hodgson Mills® Oat Bran Hot Cereal
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin cups.
- Blend together dry ingredients.
- Add 2 eggs (or substitute 4 egg whites), chilled applesauce, and vegetable oil. Mix until well-blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
207 calories; 7 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 35 mg cholesterol; 319 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 6 g protein