Servings: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound carrots, cut into coins or snack sticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- for garnish chopped parsley
These sweet spiced carrots are a Fareway fall favorite!
Combine carrots, oil or butter, salt, pepper, ginger and orange juice in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, stir, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover and simmer 10 – 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and carrots are tender.
Uncover and add lemon juice, orange zest and lemon zest.
Garnish with parsley.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 60 calories; 3.1 g fat; 1.8 g saturated fat; 7.6 mg cholesterol; 104.2 mg sodium; 8 g carbohydrate; 1.7 g fiber; 4.5 g sugar; 0.8 g protein