- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Half & Half
- 1/3 C. pomegranate seeds for garnish
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C. light olive oil
- 1/2 C. Half & Half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 C. finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 C. seeded pomegranate
A twist on the classic! Take your banana bread to the next level with in season pomegranate seeds and a sweet cream glaze. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from NancyC
1. Mix confectioners sugar and Half & Half together until well-blended and smooth. Drizzle over loaf. Sprinkle some of the pomegranate seeds on top of the glaze and let set before serving; sprinkle the rest of the seeds on each slice when serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan; set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. In medium bowl, beat the eggs, then add in the oil, Half & Half (light cream), and vanilla, blending well. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl, mixing everything well.
4. Fold in the mashed bananas, blending well, then blend in the chopped walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
5. Bake at 350˚F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean or almost clean. Let loaf cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
6. When cake is completely cool or just slightly warm, top with the Light Cream glaze.