Total Time: Varies
This dish is a seafood lover's favorite! You can't beat jumbo scallops seared to perfection over a bed of risotto.
1. Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Coat a non-stick or cast iron skillet in olive oil and add scallops to pan. Don't overcrowd the pan. While cooking, salt and pepper the backside of the scallops. Cook scallops for 2-3 minutes each side. Add a pat of butter and sear the other side.
3. In a pot, bring chicken stock to a simmer.
4. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat.
5. Add mushrooms and shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add white wine and reduce heat.
6. Add the Arborio rice to the vegetable mix.
7. Add simmering stock, 1/2 cup at a time, to the rice and vegetables, stirring enough to keep the rice from sticking to the edge of the pan. Wait until stock is completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
8. The rice should be just cooked and slightly chewy. Stir in the parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Top with scallops and garnish with thyme.